Deadline for Abstracts: Friday 31st March 2017
The conference committee invites proposals for papers relating to the conference theme of ‘Music Production Pedagogy’. Possible topics for consideration may include areas covered in the conference scope as listed below. Individual presentations should be no more than 20 minutes in duration. Proposals should take the form of a title followed by an abstract of no more than 200 words.
Some papers will be considered for a special edition of the Journal of Music Technology Education (JMTE) acting as proceedings of the event. Submissions for this will need to be completed at date yet to be specified after the conference. Please email proposals to the email address shown above. Deadline for submission is Friday 31st March 2017. Decisions will be notified three weeks after this date.
- Pedagogical models for teaching music production theory and practice
- Current music technology progression through to Higher Education
- Production analysis and listening in education
- Teaching creativity in music production
- Tensions between technology and technique in teaching music production
- Music production education and the industry: the apprenticeship model and its future in the context of Higher Education
- Career pathways for music production graduates
- Post graduate provision and development
- Government policy on Higher Education and its potential impact on Music Production degrees (e.g. TEF)